Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PART 1




First, I was really happy to know that they made the film into two parts since I believe that one movie would not be enough to give justice to the book. Secondly, I was even happier when I watched the movie.

They included almost everything in the book.
Unlike the previous Harry Potter movies, HP7 Part 1 was full of details. Normally one would anticipate the movie to miss one or two important story contents from the book. They might have missed some details but overall, the story was superbly squeezed in the movie up to the part where it ended.

Additional characters were finally introduced.
Familiar names in the book like Bill Weasley has finally came out in the open, as well as Mundungus Fletcher. These characters have been in the previous books but they were only formally introduced on HP7 Part1. There are a lot of characters which were revealed including Bathilda Bagshot and a few others.

The story was flowing slowly but enjoyably.
I remember watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and found it to be going too fast. They seemed to have tried to squeezed in as much detail as possible. But for an HP reader like me, I thought that the events were all going so fast. In HP7, you can relax but still be assured of understanding the story with each passing minute.

I hope the second part is as good as the first part or even better.

My rating: 5 Happy Pigs

No comments: